Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hm, where was I?

There's so much going on. So much I should be doing. The first round of poetry I produced was pretty emo. I wasn't worried though. You just have to keep the words flowing out of the pen and eventually something good will come out. I've been looking at people differently. I feel like I have more  insight into people now than ever before. Communication fascinates me. I'm glad it's my major. However, I'm not so sure I want to walk the path of a journalist anymore. Fuck it, here's some shit I wrote down.

I will burn my pride.
See no fear.
Focus my mind.
Seek out truth. 
Burn my lies.
Or tattoo them to my forehead,
acknowledging my faults and failures.
We are in constant motion,
dancing with our evils.
____________________________________

I did it. 
I went for it.
I cut open my torso,
and spilled my guts.

I felt so good to purge.

But something went wrong,
the spilling did not stop.

So I went to bed Saturday night,
with my guts all over the floor.
It's going to take a while,
to clean up this mess.
__________________________________

I think you know that there will be consequences.
I know there will be consequences.
Did you know there will be consequences?
Yea me neither.
__________________________________

Physically exhausted.
Emotionally spent.

The silence is my true ally.
The loneliness my only friend.

Yesterday I was in my prime.
Today I'm a piece of shit.
Can I not find equilibrium?
homeostasis?
balance?
happiness?
freedom?

No comments: